Saturday, July 20, 2013

pond life


This is my pattern for five little fishes.   I threw in a few extra and no one seemed to mind.
I attached paper clips to the back of the fish and made a pole with a magnet for a hook.
once again I let the kids go wild with colors before we played.


What pond would be complete without some frogs?



these are a fairly simple but effective pattern

this pattern makes two frogs from one sheet.  simply fold along dotted lines and glue in center bottom.
I then slid a pipe cleaner into the rear portion so that it would come through the mouth.
on the far end I made a small circle in the pipe cleaner so that it wouldn't go all the way through
and to create a kind of handle.  This is the frogs tongue and can be pushed and pulled in and out.

the hind legs simply glue on after folding and dangle.
The tongue is made from a chenille stem with a pompom fly at the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment